Maryland Commission on Civil Rights (MCCR) Education and Outreach: https://mccr.maryland.gov/Pages/Education-Outreach.aspx
• MCCR seeks to provide current and accurate information on issues affecting equal access and opportunity in housing, employment, public accommodations, and state contracts.
Harford County Census Information:
• 2018 census data of the makeup of Harford County
The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America by Richard Rothstein
• The Color of Law by Richard Rothstein offers an original and insightful explanation of how government policy in the United States intentionally promoted and enforced residential racial segregation.
Not in My Neighborhood: How Bigotry Shaped a Great American City by Antero Pietila
• Not in My Neighborhood by Antero Pietila shows how continued discrimination practices, namely in Baltimore, toward African Americans and the Jewish community have shaped the cities in which we now live.
Kiss Bow Or Shake Hands by Terri Morrison and Wayne A. Conaway
• Kiss, Bow, or Shake Hands by Terri Morrison explores how people from various cultures perceive information and negotiate business deals.
The Devaluation of Assets in Black Neighborhoods:
• A comprehensive report outlining how anti-Black bias has negatively affected the value in many residential neighborhoods that are home to Black homeowners. The report focuses on how the value of assets can be influenced by implicit societal cues which result in a lower value for homes in Black neighborhoods.
Facebook Settlement with NFHA:
• This historic settlement involves sweeping changes to Facebook’s paid advertising platform and resolves five separate legal claims which alleged that Facebook’s platform unlawfully enabled advertisers to illegally target housing, employment, and credit ads to Facebook users based on all federally protected classes.
Newsday Investigation – Testing the Divide:
• In one of the most comprehensive and compelling investigations of discrimination by real estate agents in the half century since enactment of America’s landmark Fair Housing Law, Newsday found evidence of widespread separate and unequal treatment of minority potential homebuyers and minority communities on Long Island.
My Story™ (Racism is Real):
• This powerful program helps start the difficult (but needed) conversations around recognizing the existence of racism and its impact on relationships. My Story™ provides learners with practical thought and discussion around recognizing and responding to the deep diversity and inclusion dynamics that are often grounded in racial and cultural differences.
2021 Diversity Holiday Calendar:
• Knowledge of the following diversity holidays and celebrations for 2021 which can enhance your workplace diversity and inclusion efforts.
• PFLAG is the first and largest organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) folks, their families, and allies.
Living Room Conversations (LRC):
• A website where you can visit to help address and talk about some of the most relevant and pressing issues of today—with family members, friends, faith community leaders, subject matter experts, and more!
National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) Case and Settlement Information: https://nationalfairhousing.org/case-settlement-information/
• A number of documents related to NFHA’s recent fair housing enforcement cases and settlements. This page will be updated with additional cases and settlements in the coming weeks.
Harford County Human Relations Complaint Form: